Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Jaguar, take two!

Remember this fella? I had to repaint him because he went all sticky. Silly me used the wrong paints, didn't apply an undercoat of primer, and I sealed him with a solvent-based lacquer that must messed up the acrylics. Well... I'm learning. This time, I did use a primer, I use Vallejo paints, and I'm not sealing him until the paints are fully cured, AND... I will use a water-based varnish.



Collecting and customizing miniatures is a fun hobby, but since I've joined a forum of like-minded fanatics, I've also discovered the joy of diorama photography. I'm trying my hand at it... Setting the miniatures in a lifelike scenario, and taking happy snaps.





4 comments:

  1. Now this idea is much easier than painting shadowboxes! :D Second paint job looks even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soulsis! :) I'm having too much fun with this... It's criminal! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Looks awesome! The pics at the bottom look like they could have come straight out of Amazon Cam! Very cool.

    Ariel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks faerysis! Yup! That's the look I was going for. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)