Friday, December 02, 2016

Slowly but surely

Goodbye myopia! It's just a matter of time. How long, you might ask? I don't know and frankly... I don't care. After 38 years of wearing stupid nerd goggles, I really don't give a hoot how long it will take me to wean myself off these stupid 14th century contraptions. This is what I've achieved so far in only one month.

02/11/16
Initial prescription
Right eye: -7.25 dioptre (distance to blur point, 13.3cm)
Left eye: -7.0 dioptre (distance to blur point 15cm)

02/12/16
Current prescription
Right eye: -6.25 dioptre (distance to blur point 15.5cm)
Left eye: -6.0 dioptre (distance to blur point 16cm)

My right eye (non-dominant) is catching up to my left one. I do believe that on my next pair of glasses, I will be able to equalise my prescription and get the same strength in both eyes. The speed of improvement will eventually slow down as I get into the lower range of myopia; closer to 20/20 without glasses. I will need to be extra patient and persistent, but until then... I'm enjoying those tumbling numbers tremendously. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)