Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A relic from the past

I took an old pair of glasses of mine at the optometrist... Just to get them to check the *cough cough* prescription in it. When they told me what it was... I nearly fell over backwards! Everyone... Meet my Coke bottle glasses - circa 1998; right eye -10.0 D / left eye -9.50 D. And get this... The Op told me "these are vintage... They're made of actual glass!" Yeah! I remember how they dug into the side of my nose! It's forbidden in Australia to use glass, now. They only allow plastic, for safety reasons. They're going straight to my "Spectacle Museum" once my journey is complete. I had NO CLUE, how bad my vision really got. When I started this new eye method a few months ago, I was -7.00. I must've intuitively done something between 1998 and 2016 to drop three whole diopters!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really amazing. Great that your eyesight has improved so much!

    Ariel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks matey! It's quite a relief too. High myopia is linked with many eye problems as you get older; retinal detachment and/or tearing, lattice degeneration, floaters (which I already have) and macula degeneration (which caused my dad to go blind.)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)