Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Freya prayer beads

I believe in religious freedom... Whoever or whatever we pray to, it all gets funnelled down to the same recipient (whoever or whatever it is), kind of like a radio with many stations. Carl Jung use to say humans have "archetypes" that we all seem to tap into, regardless who we are or where we live. Some folks connect with Buddha, others with Jesus... I connect with the Norse goddess, Freya. Perhaps it IS because I recognise this archetype within myself that it gives me solace and strength. Whether there is an actual "Freya" figurehead or not is moot; if I pray to her and I feel peace and empowerment, then that's all that matters. During these difficult few weeks, I have been praying for strength, patience and assistance in helping my injured and sick kitties to get healthy again. I just felt like expressing my gratitude for all those blessings, so I made some prayer beads in Freya's name (been wanting to do so for a while and I finally got around to doing so.)


From the bottom, going around clockwise

Amber, peridot Czech glass bead, white howlite, gold separator bead, pink Czech glass bead, strawberry quarts, gold separator bead, gold Czech glass bead, clear quartz, gold separator bead, brilliant Czech glass bead, malachite, gold separator bead, amber, gold separator bead, hyacinth Czech glass bead, yellow citrine, gold separator bead, purple Czech glass bead, amethyst, gold separator bead, emerald Czech glass bead, carnelian, gold separator bead, sapphire Czech glass bead, fresh water pearl.

PRAYER TO FREYA

Hail Freya, Vanadis, Lady who brings joy to the heart. May I walk in beauty wherever I go.
Hail to the Spring Maiden! Teach me to start again with each new year.
Beorc, Beorc, Beorc
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail to the Goddess of Love! Teach my heart to open to your most precious gift.
Gyfu, Gyfu, Gyfu
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail to the Light-Bringer! Light my road when I fall into darkness.
Wunjo, Wunjo, Wunjo
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail to Brinsingamen's Mistress! Teach me to always know my own worth.
Feoh, Feoh, Feoh
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail Freya, Vanadis, Lady who brings joy to the heart. May I walk in beauty wherever I go.
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail to the Warrior Woman! Give me courage to fight again tomorrow.
Sigil, Sigil, Sigil
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail to the Mistress of Seidhr! Teach me the mysteries behind the veil.
Peorth, Peorth, Peorth
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail to the Frith-Maker, Ambassador to Asgard! Teach me how to make peace among my enemies.
Mannaz, Mannaz, Mannaz
Love always, magic everywhere, and joy.
Hail to the Widow who searched the worlds for her lost love! Help me find happiness again after each loss.
Chalc, Chalc, Chalc
Hail Freya, Vanadis, Lady who brings joy to the heart. May I walk in beauty wherever I go.

by
Raven Kaldera
(with slight personal modifications to the order)



2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is a retired Episcopal priest who says there is an underground river from which many different wells draw. As you said, we all tap into whatever makes sense to us. The beads are beautiful, and I like the rune prayer you use with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way your friend thinks. :) If everyone was as open-minded when it came to religion and personal beliefs, then there wouldn't be so much hate, violence or fighting.
      I had no clue how expensive amber was! Pound per pound, it's dearer than gold (as it weights practically nothing.) I ended up using two beads that D's aunt gave me a little while back. They were taken from her mum's old necklace (D's grandma.) When they say Freya is a lady of luxury, they aren't kidding! LOL! :D

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)