- If I never had pertussis, I'm quite susceptible to contract it if exposed to it.
- My husband got diagnosed with it and I was closely tending to him, thinking I was immune.
- I had few contact with the outside world during the course of his illness, therefore the pathogens I was exposed to were most likely those of my husband.
- My blood test show no antibodies nor current signs of pertussis infection.
So what the hell did hubby and I contract? This is so much a carbon copy of my 2010 illness in Florida, that I believe we are suffering from something very similar to it; an initial viral infection which knocks out the immune system and leaves it vulnerable to secondary bacterial infections.
The doc told me that I am currently fighting a virus and that all I can do is rest and take palliative measures for it. The body needs to fight it on its own, antibiotics only work on bacteria, not viruses. I am making sure this doesn't leave me open to a bacterial invasion
- Tea tree oil mist inhalation
- Olive leaf extract
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- And plenty of fluids to flush out the phlegm and toxins
These are all powerful and natural antivirals and antimicrobials. Hopefully, I can get over this thing quickly and get back into life.