Wednesday, June 01, 2016

And the verdict is?

I finally got my blood test results, and what a (pleasant!?) surprise it was. Apparently, I never HAD whooping cough, back in 2010... I have no signs of it now, nor have I ever been exposed to it. The doc explained to me that what I had back then was most likely a viral infection with a comorbid bacterial infection of the respiratory tract. Which begs the question... Did my husband REALLY have whopping cough too, or something similar to what I had in 2010? Let's look at this scenario logically, shall we;

  • If I never had pertussis, I'm quite susceptible to contract it if exposed to it.
  • My husband got diagnosed with it and I was closely tending to him, thinking I was immune.
  • I had few contact with the outside world during the course of his illness, therefore the pathogens I was exposed to were most likely those of my husband.
  • My blood test show no antibodies nor current signs of pertussis infection.
So what the hell did hubby and I contract? This is so much a carbon copy of my 2010 illness in Florida, that I believe we are suffering from something very similar to it; an initial viral infection which knocks out the immune system and leaves it vulnerable to secondary bacterial infections.

The doc told me that I am currently fighting a virus and that all I can do is rest and take palliative measures for it. The body needs to fight it on its own, antibiotics only work on bacteria, not viruses. I am making sure this doesn't leave me open to a bacterial invasion
  • Tea tree oil mist inhalation
  • Olive leaf extract
  • Garlic
  • Turmeric
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Coconut oil
  • And plenty of fluids to flush out the phlegm and toxins
These are all powerful and natural antivirals and antimicrobials. Hopefully, I can get over this thing quickly and get back into life.

2 comments:

  1. I remember having similar symptoms in the 1960s. Dr. said I had a "nondescript virus" and gave me a massive pinicillin shot. I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geo... That's actually what he said to me! LOL! "Nondescript viral infection." No penicillin, though... All I got was "go home and rest!" Wow! I should've stayed home and rested... Would've saved myself 50$ doing so.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)