Monday, May 30, 2016

Does it ever end?

My husband and I are truly fed up with illnesses and injuries! No sooner has one of us recovered from one predicament that we are again, buoyed into deeper waters with another health issue. I've been coughing like mad for a few days, very itchy throat and tickle in the lungs when inhaling... I remember these signs all too well, and it's also rather "fresh" in my husband's memory too... It appears I may have contracted *@#$%& pertussis... AGAIN!!! I've gone to the docs today to get a blood test for IgA, IgG and IgM levels. These will show if I was indeed exposed to bordatella pertussis (in 2010), my overall antibody levels and if I am currently infected with this damn thing. If that turns out to be the case, I'm either the most unluckiest person in the world, or doctors need to seriously revise their "whooping cough immunity" protocol. I should have the blood test results tomorrow.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)