Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Shiny!!

This morning, I came across some old stuff from Canada that I had tucked away in a dusty corner of a shelf; my parents wine cups (chalices, really) from their 25th wedding anniversary. I remember mum giving them to me when I was studying Wicca. "You said you needed a chalice or something? Here... Have these as an heirloom from us", she said to me. She did tell me they were pure silver, but I kind of shrugged it off at the time (as you do when you're a 26 yro. smart ass.)

Then this morning, I thought to myself, "I wonder what they would look like if I buffed them up with some metal polish.

Kinda looks like something Captain Jack Sparrow would keep in his treasure chest.
So I grabbed my trusty tube of Autosol and got to buffing like a maniac (there was A LOT of tarnish on there... two decades worth, that is!) And voilà!! So shiny, you can see my reflection in it (and that's big Boofy on the top righ hand side. LOL!)

"Whom does the Grail serve?"
 Here's both of them, gleaming with beauty once more. :)

The clinking noise these cups make is divine... Sounds like Tibetan singing bowls.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to have something to remember your parents' wedding by - and how rare to have parents that are still together! They look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad mum gave them to me. I hope one day, D and I can also drink out of them and celebrate our 25th. Mum and dad are truly an inspiration to both of us. :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)