Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The journey begins

DISCLAIMER: This is a digital version of my personal paperback journal and is subject to editing for this public internet version. The images are quick sketches I have drawn in my own journal.
Since I've received my "Wisdom of Trees" oracle deck, I decided to keep a journal about my journey, learning and working with this beautiful deck. I am terribly inconsistent when it comes to journalling. I will endeavour, to the best of my ability, to keep it up. I won't be following the order of the cards in which this deck is presented, but I will pull out a card each week and research the tree that comes up. I will let the trees decide of the order.

The first card to appear was CHERRY. When I think of cherries, I think "good times" (the proverbial "Life and the bowl of cherries" kinda thing). There's also a... err... Very erotic connotation to this particular fruit. It goes deeper than just sex, though... It's about life, death and rebirth. In "The Last Samurai", I remember Katsumoto saying that the Samurais appreciate the "sakura" tree because it embodies their values; beauty, purity, sacrifice and the fragility of life. The book has the keyword PURITY assigned to it. Funny how it mentions being more aware of ingesting substances that can be bad for you (toxic). I have recently re-addressed my diet; what I eat and drink.

Symbols on the card

  • Full moon: Feminine power and sexuality. The cycle of life and death.
  • Mount Fuji: A demi-God in the Shinto religion. A sacred worshipping site. Also, many people commit suicide in the Aokigahara forest; a place of life and death.
  • A cherry blossom branch: Ephemeral beauty. Fragility.
A strange combo of purity, sacrifice, life, death, rebirth and fragility (ephemeral and fleeting). I think a Samurai helmet would've also been a good choice as an added symbol for this card. Samurais were fiercely devoted warriors that abided by a strict code of values and their lives were all too often short-lived, much like the flowers of the sakura tree.

Merriam-Webster definition of PURITY

"Lack of dirt or harmful substances. Lack of guilt or evil thoughts."

As the cherry card is part of the "flower, fruits and seeds" suit, it teaches us how to manifest our power into this world.

CHERRY - Upright
Be pure of heart, thought and intent. Don't let toxic negativity infect you, and don't infect others as well.

CHERRY - Reversed
Time to purify your life. Get rid of negativity, detox your mind, body and spirit. Find joy in the simpler things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)