Saturday, November 28, 2015

Ma mère chantait

This song always reminds me of my mum and brings tears to my eyes everytime. It is a classic by French Canadian singer, Fabienne Thibault.


My mother always sang, la la la
An old love song
That I now sing to you
My daughter you will grow up
And then you will leave
But one day it will be your turn
To remember that song.

There once was a sailor,
Who, to win the heart of girls,
Would promise them better days
Under the sky of the Antilles
The girls would soon give him their hearts
But when he set off again on the water
Their tears
Went to swell the waves.

My mother always sang, la la la
An old love song
That I now sing  to you
My daughter you will grow up
And then you will leave
But one day it will be your turn
To remember that song.

But one day that sailor
Was killed by a knife wound
Then I forgot the words to the song
But the ending, I do remember
As soon as they are in love
All men are sailors
In their eyes
Blue waves are dancing.

My mother always sang
An old love song
That I now sing to you
My daughter you will grow up you
And then you will leave
But one day
It will be your turn to sing it
In my memory
In my memory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)