Wednesday, October 28, 2015

At my own pace

The days trickle by so fast that I can't even keep up with what day of the week it is! I feel like I've been on the go, go, go for too long, now. I really need to downshift to a lower gear or I will burn out! This morning, I went out in the bucketing rain to wheel the rubbish and recycling bins. Again, I was in full throttle, trying to avoid getting soaked to the bone. We've had many days of bright sunshine which have been fueling me up like a thoroughbred on metamphetamines, but today, the heavens have opened up. "Durnit! I was hoping to mow the lawns!" I thought to myself... Then I spied this little fella, happily crawling up our fence, taking his time, enjoying every beneficial drops of rain from the heavens.

I like it when the universe reaches out and gently taps me on the shoulder to remind me of what is important. These days, I feel I am more aware of those little synchronous accidents, and quite happy to be. In the past, I would've needed the spiritual equivalent of a brick falling on my head for me to "get it". I have been so busy, so productive and supercharged in the past few weeks, that I am forgetting to take time to slow down and smell the roses. I said I wasn't going to do anything on my birthday and just relax... I failed miserably! I ended up doing a million different things. Today, I'm taking it easy... Today, I'm going to move at this little fella's pace and simply enjoy "being". Nothing needs to be accomplished that cannot be done tomorrow. Zen out!

2 comments:

  1. A post-birthday celebration at a snail's pace - sounds good to me! Hope your special day was a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it was, soulsis! :)
      This is my anthem song for today! ;)
      Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)