Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Lesson learnt

I keep a lot to myself these days, which doesn't mean my life is lacking in excitement nor activity... I'm simply being more selective with my words, my thoughts and my boundaries. I know the recent Facebook debacle has left me irremediably changed and rather raw and vulnerable, making me even more quiet and reserved than usual. I believe my behaviour may be sending out the wrong message to friends and loved ones, and be misinterpreted as a wish to weaken or dissolve long-standing bonds. Nothing could be more further from the truth! I still wish to share my inner-self and life experiences with the people I deeply cherish and partake in their own wonderful lives as well! I fear I may have damaged some relationships beyond repair, and I am so very troubled by it all. :(

6 comments:

  1. Send them an individual, short email or text and let them know in as few words as possible what is going on. Don't make assumptions without communicating with them first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soulsis. I have been doing exactly as you suggested... Sending text messages, emails and even calling... No replies after months and always being diverted to an answering service kinda says it all. :/

      Delete
    2. Then the ball's in their court, BUT because you've reached out, they know and can't deny that you DO care. (((C)))

      Delete
    3. ((((Soulsis)))) That I do... Which is why the silence hurts so much. :'(

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time.

    Sending much love and many hugs your way.

    Ariel xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks faerysis! (((hugs))) I believe things will go the same way they did for you, in regards to FB... True friends will stay in touch, others will wither away. I've reached out, I've explained, I've expressed my feelings... At this stage, there's nothing else I can do! It's out of my hands! Fate will decide. Still hits hard, though. :( xoxoxo

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)