Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Homemade book

A few Christmases ago, my soulsister got me John Michael Greer's book, "Mystery Teachings from the Living Earth" I absolutely adore this book! As a matter of fact, I consider it my go-to "holy book".  I like to refer back to the precepts presented in it when I need some inspiration or insight into a situation. I found it a bit big to carry around in my backpack or suitcase, so I decided to make a cut-down, smaller size version of it (no copyright infringement as  this is a personal copy... I have no wish to sell it... It is mine and mine alone to keep!) I took out a few chapters and kept the ones that deal with natural laws and meditations. I also added a few personal tidbits of mine as a final chapter. So here it is... printed parchment, A6  (105 mm x 148 mm - 4.1" x 5.8") size, hardcovers with kangaroo leather finish. I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out.




5 comments:

  1. Holy Toledo, that looks amazing! Did you sew the pages together and then bind them to the hide? I can't imagine what you used to cut that thick leather with - something sharp for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did! All in all, I printed up 6 mini booklets of 16 pages which I sewed individually, and then glued them all to a thin leather spine before sandwiching it between cardboard stock. I used a large utility knife (with a fresh blade) to cut that thick leather. This was a leftover from the natural kangaroo hide I bought for my drum... It took me practically all morning to shave the fur off, and it still feels fuzzy in some spots! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hi Matey πŸ˜€,

    Lovely little book! Amazing amount of work but it looks like it was well worth it. What are the precepts?

    I hope all is well with you and that you are having a great day πŸ˜€

    Love and (((Hugs))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks matey! :) Hope all is good with you too. xx
      Greer talks about the seven basic laws of nature which influence all.

      - The Law of Wholeness
      - The Law of Flow
      - The Law of Balance
      - The Law of Limits
      - The Law of Cause and Effect
      - The Law of Planes
      - The Law of Evolution

      I studied ecology, physics and biology back in my college years, and I can tell you, those "laws" or precepts can be found in any scientific discipline. That's what I like about Greer's teachings... They aren't extreme "human" esoteric beliefs, these laws are truly the foundation of life and all that exist. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thanks for that, it sounds very interesting. That's really cool that you have studied physics, very fascinating subject.

    Hope you are having a good day πŸ˜€.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)