Thursday, July 16, 2015

Brain on holiday

Ever felt so beaten down, so utterly exhausted by life that you end up sitting in a catatonic state for hours? I have before, and I feel like I'm a hair-trigger away from returning to that dark place. Perhaps it's the brain's way of shutting down when it's overwhelmed. Just like the the body falls unconscious when bombarded with images and sensations it cannot handle, I think the brain also has a security mechanism that prevents it from short-circuiting by causing it to go into a fuzzy, numbing "f*** that sh**" state. Too much negativity has been happening lately in my life, and conversely, not enough positive. I am caught between feeling anxious and concerned about absentee loved ones (which are probably staying away from me due to all this negativity), to totally despondent about art and society. Apologies to all if I go radio-silent for a while... My brain gives up... It needs a holiday.

6 comments:

  1. You address an issue with which I have some experience. Best wishes to you. I look forward to the pleasure of your renewed company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geo! :) I'm relieved to know it's not an uncommon feeling for the mind to feel so discombobulated after long periods of stress and negativity. Not a pleasant feeling, but nevertheless... Time to hit the reset button. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I feel like this every week. And what sucks is that the only person that can get me out of this dark place is me. It can feel like I'm walking in lead boots, but I've got to keep moving if I want things to change. Otherwise I'll get sucked down that dark hole of despair. (((soulsis)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Soulsis))) Someone once said to me, "depression, anxiety and panic-attacks are not a sign of weakness... It means you've tried to remain strong for too long." xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi there faerysis,

    Glad that I thought to look at your blog, I've been in that dark place too.

    Even though it has been busy down here, if you ever need or want to chat I will always make time for you dear friend (((((hugs))))).

    Sending lots of love and many more (((((hugs))))) your way. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey faerysis! Thank you so much, luv! Your kind words mean the world to me. :) ((((HUGS)))) To this day, I still thank the fairies for leading me to the Froud Forum. :) I'm feeling a bit better. I think the Seasonal Affective Disorder combined with the hormonal rollercoaster isn't helping... But I know I'll get through. After the winter, there's always spring. :) xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)