Sunday, January 25, 2015

Girl on fire

Today, we finally got a sunny break amidst days of incessant downpour, so I took the opportunity to clean out and wash the camper while hubby reinstalled his work rack back on his ute and mowed the jungle that had sprouted during our two weeks of absence. I spent the whole of the morning cleaning out the inside and part of the afternoon was dedicated to washing the outside. Thing is... It wasn't just sunny today, it was hot and humid. I thought I was being careful, having a cap on, drinking plenty of water and staying in the shade, but alas... I still coped a flogging from all this oppressing weather. My face turned beet red, I was slurring my words as if I was drunk, I got terribly dizzy, and had a mondo headache. I took a cold shower (yes... cold... NO hot water), and the water that was pouring down my face felt warmer than what was coming out of the tap... That's how overheated my head was! Me thinks it was just a wee bit much for today! I'm okay now, though. The cold shower, guzzling gallons of water, having a banana (for potassium and magnesium) and sitting in front of a fan helped tremendously. I won't be pulling that stunt again... Trust me!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have only known my wife to get headaches from dehydration, otherwise she only needs to keep away from green kryptonite. Take care on hot days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geo. :) It was a stupid stunt on my part. I won't be doing that again any time soon.

      Delete
  2. That heat and humidity can be a deadly combination, especially when you're distracted by what you're doing. Glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me, soulsis... When I'm hyper-focused, I forget to eat, drink (and even go to the bathroom!) Adding heat and humidity to the mix just made me even less aware (not to mention, downright dumbed-down) to what was happening. As you said... Deadly combo!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)