Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Melbourne Cup tragedy

We use to participate in the hype by tossing in a few dollars each year, but over the last few years, hubby and I have desisted from the Melbourne Cup. We've now officially banned it, and here's why.

For some reason, a few weeks prior to Cup Day, I kept telling my husband "something bad is going to happen on Cup Day... I don't know what, but I have a bad feeling!" I thought it may be all the madness about the upcoming G20 summit in Brisbane, and the souped up anti-terrorist campaign we're being fed here that was playing on my nerves. For some reason, I couldn't shake this bad feeling. Then this. What a tragedy! :(

2 comments:

  1. Poor horse! I realize this is a sport and humans get excited, but they really ought to start looking at things from a horse's point of view and accommodate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've hit the nail on the head, Bev... Bad human management. These horses are nervous creatures, willing to please and who love to run. They WILL run themselves to exhaustion if they are allowed too, and parading them in front of million of screaming people is shear stupidity. It's up to the two-legged to use common sense when managing these sensitive and courageous beasts.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)