Sunday, June 08, 2014

Excitement...

It doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now!! I feel like a little girl, waiting for Christmas to come around. Yesterday, hubby and I went down to the Brisbane showgrounds to check out the Caravan and Camping show. When my husband suggested we check it out, I wasn't very keen on going. I was thinking to myself "Great! That's it... Bring me to a candy store and torture me, why don't you." What my sneaky husband didn't tell me though is that he had been doing lots and lots of research about camper-trailers while getting our upcoming September holiday ready. So we went to the show to check out the different models and types that are currently available on the market, and guess what... We are now the proud new owners of a Goldstream camper! YEEEEEE HAAAAAW!!! :D No more camping in an ugly, uncomfortable and embarrassing "box-on-wheels". The model we went for was the Wing III ST (this stands for shower/toilet). Yup... This camper has a toilet/shower combo cubicle, so no more risky business, peeing in the bush with venomous snakes, nor bush-washing out of a bucket.

The guys that manufacture these campers are a small but incredibly quality-orientated company, based in Melbourne. Their campers are not mass-produced, they are made to order, which means we won't be able to pick it up until the 1st of September. We opted to go pick it up ourselves from Melbourne instead of having it delivered to Brisbane. Had we waited for the delivery, we wouldn't have been able to get it for our upcoming holiday (it would've been available only in late October). This means our holiday gets shuffled around a bit (having to drive down to Melbourne and then back up to Port Douglas) but it just adds more excitement to it all. I just can't wait!!! :D Here's a link to the actually company site, and an independent review about the Goldstream Wing III ST.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! What a wonderful way to travel! I'm all for not having to squat in bushes where poisonous things might be lurking, lol. Your husband is such a sweetie to surprise you like he did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is, soulsis! :D The sneak never lead on that he was planning to purchase one at the show. The other bonus for me is that we'll be doing more land-lubing around Oz and less flying around. As you know, I abhor planes! LOL!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)