Friday, May 16, 2014

Birds card

Whew! I finally finished it! This one was a bit demanding... On my grey and black pencils, as well as on my eyesight and sanity. The Birds represents, talk, chit-chats and communication, but also excitement and duplication (couples or two-of-a-kind). Normally, the birds from the traditional Lenormand are either doves or owls. I opted for ravens... Definitely more Viking-like. The God Odin had two ravens, Huginn and Muninn, which means "thought" and "memory". They would fly all over Midgard and bring back information. So... Kind of appropriate.


4 comments:

  1. I am in awe of anyone who can draw a figure that is black and have it come out looking good instead of a black blob! It takes a gift to add the right highlights to bring out the subtle textures and give it some depth. These birds look terrific - and I think ravens are an excellent choice for this deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soulsis! :) It was a bit of a challenge, but the next one will be a doozy for me... The Child card!!! I've never been very good with portraits and flesh tones... Wish me luck on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need luck cause you got SKILLS woman! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)