Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Insult to injury

If I was competitive, I would have been an athlete. If I was tough-skinned, I would have been a politician. If I was stoic, I would have been a soldier... But I'm an artist, and artists are by nature emotional, sensitive and generally non-combative in nature. Then, why is it that in order for us to bring beauty to others, we need to be subjected to the incessant barrage of callous critics, the fast-paced competition of shows and exhibitions, and the constant rejection from so-called experts in the matter? Doesn't this madness all sound very counter-intuitive to the very nature of artists? And on that note, my kingfisher drawing was rejected from the first round of selection for the Moreton Bay exhibition. The cherry that topped the sundae, the straw that broke the camels back... I am really quite disillusioned by the whole art scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)