Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Doing my own thing

With the stress of performance and homework out of the way, I now find myself with lots of time on my hands to create what I like, and this doesn't involve styrofoam carving! I am currently working on an A3 size portrait of a collared-kingfisher. It's based on a photo I took at Nudgee Beach during the Christmas break. It's a combination of gouache and coloured pencils. I'm hoping to enter it in the Moreton Bay competitions. Final entry date for the submissions is 28th of February so I have to ramp it up. Here's the progress so far. Still have a bit to do until I'm satisfied with it.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Very nice detail on the bird and tree bark. Good luck with your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soulsis! I've yet to finish it off. I had some real bad computer issues for a few days and had to back-up everything and lobotomise my whole computer due to hardware failure. Not fun! I hate added stress on top of deadlines. Computer is nearly all back to normal, so it's back to work on the birdy this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)