Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Days

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and so is our holiday in Port Douglas. A couple of more days and we'll be back in Brissy. I do apologise for not keeping in touch much, but our connection here is quite crappy. I did manage to test out my new camera and snap up a few pics while walking on the beach. What caught my eye here are those tiny little shore birds, no bigger than the palm of my hand. They are called red-capped plovers. This cute little couple was rummaging the shoreline, looking for some tasty tidbits such as sand crabs and the likes.


An adult male (on the left) and his girlfriend.
You better run and hide, buddy!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you two are feeling much more rested and relaxed than when you left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxed, yes... But unfortunately, healthier, no. D is sick as a dog and I'm sorta iffy too, and on top of it all, we've returned with a few extra kilos (not in the suitcase either! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)