Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bummer!

Well... I have officially been on holidays since Friday, but it sure doesn't feel like it to me. And how did I ring in this wonderful "period?" (pun intended, here) Yup! You guessed it! But... That's not all. To add insult to injury, I ended up contracting a shocking gastro bug that put me out of commission for a few days. I'm just starting to feel "normal" again but I'm not 100% yet. Still get the occasional bouts of nausea and cramps.

I did find a bit of time to start working on a little woodworking project. It's a wooden dice oracle, not unlike the elemental one I did a few years ago. This one is based on animal totems. It's rather fiddly work, as the cubes are only 1" in diameter. Kinda hard to carve a design on such a small area. Needless to say, it doesn't matter how hard I try to make them all look alike, variance will prevail. After all, it IS handmade. Hopefully, if my health holds up, I should be able to finish it this week. Once it's done, I'll put up a video of a reading on my Mystical Link blog. Stay tune!

2 comments:

  1. I think you've got "student syndrome" : put a person under stress for an extended period of time, keeping them busy nonstop, and when they finally get a break they get sick. Hope you feel better soon. ((C))
    Looking forward to seeing the dice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be right; rundown body + winter viral epidemics = instant sickness (just add water... Or in our case, lots of unusual rain!!!) :)
    I'm back on track, though, and I managed to finish my dice oracle. I've uploaded a video of it on my Mystical Link blog. Have a looksee when you get a chance and lemme know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)