- I've nearly finished the bone critters pyrography. Only have the fish-man and appropriate text to do.
- I've managed to carve out the low-relief on the East and South section of my drum. Yes... I had to do some last minute adjustments. Initially, I had inverted the North and South cardinal points because I am now living in the southern hemisphere, but it just didn't make sense. This is a personal symbolism project, based on my origins (Canada)... So I opted to keep them as is (in the northern hemisphere). But I did invert the trees for South and West (Willow now sits in the West and Maple in the South).
- I've nearly completed one of the diptych (the American buffalo one) See photo below.
- I've created the stencils for the other diptych which I should start on Thursday (if all goes well). This one will have warmer colours, higher contrast and feature the African savanna and Cape buffaloes.
|Landscape diptych, based on stencils and repetition. Still need to "knock back" the darker buffaloes|
with a light misting of white, to make it look like "blizzard-like".
Acrylic of canvas - 120cm x 60cm (47 1/4" x 23 9/16")