Monday, February 11, 2013

Sketches

Here are a few of the things I've done so far in class.

Nude gestural drawings (2 minutes) - Compressed charcoal

Grayscale sketch of a palm leaf - Black & white acrylics

Still life - Coloured pencils

Grayscale printing of gum leaves - Black acrylic

Nude sketch (10 minutes) - 2B graphite pencil

Nude line drawing (4 minutes) - graphite, compressed charcoal and coloured pencil

Grayscale sketch of a branch - Compressed and willow charcoal

Nude gestural sketches (2 mins for graphite, 4 minutes for coloured pencils)

2 comments:

  1. Two, four and ten minutes!? Good grief, I couldn't draw a toe in that brief amount of time, lol. Those look great; I especially like the guy squatting and the skull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **BLUSH** Thanks soulsis! :) I'm so use to taking my time when I draw... This is rather demanding. Our teacher keeps prodding us on to doodle faster and faster. I guess in some way, it forces me to stop being so pedantic with details and focus on the bigger picture.

    By the way... A little "birdie" told me your birthday is coming up. ;) You'll understand my reference soon enough. LOL! Keep an eye on your postie. Two deliveries are on their merry way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)