Friday, January 18, 2013

Zen walking

Since D and I have decided to get back on the healthy bandwagon, we're taking every opportunity to go for walks around our area, and our favourite one has always been our local park. Even though I've walked these paths a million times over, I never fail to discover something new and beautiful. When I walk out in nature, I am totally present in the moment, whereas hubby is off in his thoughts, a million miles in the past or the future. D was shocked that I actually spotted this little guy in the crook of some low branches. You know Stewie, our local brushtail possum... This little guy is a young ringtail possum. Whoever tags along on a walk with me may find my conversation levels unusually low keyed... That's because I'm in what I call the Zen-Zone, that way, I never miss out on all those special moments of beauty that Momma Nature has to offer to us.


2 comments:

  1. When I first saw the title of your post, I thought it was the name of a song you had created for your harp. :) You guys have cute possums in Oz. We would make good walking partners, soulsis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Gentle reminder, heh!? ;) Check out my latest post, soulsis. I delivered as promised.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)