Monday, January 28, 2013

Crazy Australia Day weekend!

Just like that, Oswald came and went. Luckily, no tornadoes... Just heavy rain and gale winds (at least were we live). It was a harrowing night for me (D could sleep through World War III). I didn't get much sleep. The gusts of winds were so intense and loud that they would jerk me out of my slumber. We lost power last night at around 7:00pm and had to contend with the heart of the storm in pitch darkness. Quite scary. We got power back the following day at around 6:00pm . Lucky for us as some of the food in the freezer looked rather "soft" around the edges. This was one hell of an experience that I'm yet to forget, and we're the fortunate ones. I feel bad for all those that are still without power, ended up with property damage, or worst :( (some lives were lost!) Oswald is now making its way down to New South Wales and is expected to hit Sydney around midnight tonight. Faerysis... If you still have power and you can read this, I'm sending you loads of luv and calming vibes. Hang in there, hun... It's a scary rollercoaster ride, but it will pass. You and Ruby stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys are okay; there's nothing scarier than sitting out a storm in the dark. Sending hugs out to A...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)