Friday, December 21, 2012

Nearly finished

I'm nearly done with my prototype Pictish harp. I haven't decorated nor sealed it yet as I'm doing what's called a dry-run; testing it out with the strings to see if it's structural and if/where there are issues to be ironed out. I've been tuning the durn thing every hour or so but the strings are still stretching. The weather isn't helping either as it's been topsy-turvey all day. I just hope it doesn't implode on itself in the following days. It's not the only thing in this household threatening to collapse on itself... Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go lay down before my head implodes from this air pressure induced migraine.

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds great, even without the finishing touches! Another amazing manifestation from your muse. :) R just came through and saw me watching the video and said, "She MADE that?!" When I affirmed you did indeed, he said, "How can one person have so much talent in so many areas!" I'm sure that whip-snapping, drill instructor of a muse helps drive things along.... lol. Send some warm thoughts to me tonight, as I'll be in below freezing temps for the solstice ceremony! Wish I could zap you over here to go with me. Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((hug))))
    A warm hug to get you through this cold winter solstice night. I'll send you back the sun if you send us some cold air. I'm barely getting any sleep! The sun sets late and the birds are waking us up at 4:30am!
    **BLUSH** R's comment made me blush. Unfortunately, I'm a Jane-of-all-trade and master of none... least of all of my own life. My muse has gotten hold of my life (and the proverbial gonads.) LOL! This dry-run was a pain in the rear, but it did manage to bring up potential issues which I am hard at work, trying to remedy. *sigh* No rest for the wicked! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)