Thursday, July 19, 2012

Biting off more than I can chew

No... I aten't dead yet, guys. Just been over-my-head busy with school and art projects. I've finally started working on my self-portrait / self-image project, and I do believe I've overshot my mark (as usual!) I only have two weeks to complete this massive undertaking, and if I do, it'll be an utter tour-de-force. Not only is it big (600mm x 1500mm, that's 23 1/2 inches x 5' for my American friends), but it's going to be heavy, and LOTS of work is involved into accomplishing it. My teacher had us do some mind-mapping last week, and what came out of it was nothing short of an epiphany for me. Trees have always played an important part in my life, and now, I know why! They are so important to me that they are worthy of being included in my self-portrait. I will explain my project further in a video, once it's all finished, but for now, here's a simply clip and photo to show you the magnitude of this task. So if I go quiet for a while, please be patient with me... I am feeling rather overwhelmed at the moment (not only because of the size and time limit for this project, but because it is quite emotional for me).



The panel for the willow trunk, carved and gessoed.

6 comments:

  1. You never sit down, do you? Can't wait to see what you come up with. Now get some ZZZ's you! (Phewf, on the cats, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's too short and I've wasted too many years feeling sorry for myself and giving excuses for not following my artistic dream. You could say I have some "catching up" to do. I never thought I'd hear myself utter (or write) the same words as my paternal grandfather, but... "I'll rest once I'm dead." LOL! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matey,

    Your new art project looks fascinating! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I hope you have fun with it.

    Is Angel still top cat?

    ((Hugs))

    Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! She's still bossing her bigger boofy sister around. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave (your teacher) is going to be blown away by this project of yours... Me? I always knew you were Wonder Woman of the art world. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev, I'm not sure I qualify as a Wonder Woman... According to my husband, he reckons I'm "barking mad" for taking on such a big project (tree? bark? Get it?) LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)