Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's happened again!


Yup! While taking a shower yesterday, I discovered another lump in my breast... This time, it's on the right. I am NOT going back to the doctors to get poked and prodded with needles and be told it's benign! I'm hoping this one will shrink down on its own after I throw the I-Bomb at it (that is, the iodine bomb). I did a bit of research online and have found a link between thyroid issues and breast cysts! Gee! Coincidence? I think not! I HA stopped my intake of kelp (iodine) for a while to see what would happen... A few weeks later, I got slapped by that virus that knocked me out for a few days, and now, a new lumps! Hmmm... After reading THIS article, I'm starting to see a picture emerge.

  • Mum had breast cysts all her life and developed cancer after menopause. 
  • She also has nodules on her thyroid
  • She's also had uterine cysts and fibroids.
  • Dad has had a parotid gland removed due to a blockage
  • He's also had a double bypass and stents put in due to arteriosclerosis (plaque build-up in arteries)
  • He's had low stomach acid and digestive issues all his life
Err... Iodine deficiency anyone?

2 comments:

  1. (((Soulsis))) Hope the iodine helps, but please promise me if nothing changes (or it gets larger) that you'll go to your doctor. We have iodine in the salt here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, soulsis... I promise (((HUGS)))
    I'm currently shopping for a new doc... One who's a bit more "natural" and old fashion, not a pill-pusher! My current doc is a bit too keen on pill-popping... Doesn't gel with me very well.

    We have iodine in salt too, as well as in bread, but I don't eat bread nor use much salt, and the amount they put in is the strict, essential, bare minimum required. I think it's just not enough for folks like me who need extra in their diet. I always said I'd be happy living in Japan... Their diet is incredibly high in iodine due to all the seaweed and fish they eat. No thyroid issues of breast cancer there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)