Thursday, March 29, 2012

Winter sets in

P1030642

I decided to turn in early, seeing I was going to school tomorrow and wanted to be well rested. It wasn’t to be!


There is a chill in the air and the winds have turned and are now blowing in from the south. There’s a distinctive aroma in the air, one I like to call “freezer smell”. Pretty soon, we’ll have to pull out the heavy doonahs and the oil heaters, but for now, we can still get away with a blanket and a quilt. There’s no doubt about it, winter is creeping in and we’re all starting to feel the effects… Me, more so than others.

I was feeling quite lethargic and drained last night, mostly because I’m still trying to recuperate from our day out at Byron Bay, but also because I am reacting to the cool air that now permeates our evenings. We have yet to adapt to it as our blood is still thin, and with the strict food regiment we are on to try and lose a few kilos, it’s kind of hard to cope with the chill. So even though it was only 8:30pm, I decided to turn in early, seeing I was going to school tomorrow and wanted to be well rested. It wasn’t to be!

I slept through until 2:30am and eventually had to get up for a much needed bathroom break. Cold weather and my little bladder don’t mix very well! I came back to bed, happily relieved from the pressure and discomfort, hoping I could now easily slumber through the rest of the night without tossing and turning. Guess again! I’m not the only one affected by the cold. I have two little cats who have yet to grow their winter coats, and a starving husband who’s quickly losing fluff. On top of that, the colder and drier air seems to be getting to everyone’s nasal passage. Consequently, the bed gets overcrowded and the snoring has doubled in intensity (yes, the cats snore too!) This is not going to be an easy day at school for me. I haven’t left yet and I wish I was already back home, resting and catching up on those 3 hours of lost sleep. Woe be to the mongrel student or bitchy teacher that crosses my path today! I’m tired and grumpy as anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)