Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Byron Bay pilgrimage

Every four to five years, hubby and I do a kind of pilgrimage to Byron Bay, down in New South Wales. The place has changed considerably over the last twelve years, and I’m not sure if it’s for the best. It has expanded massively economically, but it has also degraded in many ways. The average age seems to hover around 25 and the place appears to have been heavily influenced by one of its close neighbouring town… Nimbin. Nimbin is known for being a greenie-hippie sort of place where drug usage is tolerated. Marijuana is locally grown and sold as readily as tobacco there. I do believe lots of the “Nimbin tobacco” find its way to Byron and the place is fast becoming a haven for young folks looking for a bit of a wild lifestyle. Cheap rented camper vans are parked all along the roadside near the beach and people appear to be living in them… Cheap accommodations, drugs, surf and sex… Youth are attracted to Byron like moths to flames, and this, to the great chagrin of the local residents who own million dollar properties.

photoEnough ranting… My personal reasons for going there are quite different. While in Byron, we always drive up to Mullumbimby to visit the Crystal Castle. B… You’d drool if you went there! Open-mouthed smile Crystals galore! I usually get my aura pic taken and get a reading done. The bloke that did my reading was awesome! He was more of an astrologer than a medium, but the stuff he gleaned from my sky chart was shocking! He had me pegged 100% and could see what had been happening to me in the last two years and what was in store for me in the near future. He confirmed what I feared… Yes, I am going through some sort of midlife crisis, but not the red Porsche car type. It’s way more personal than that. As for my aura photo, I was flabbergasted!  It also picked up on my drastic lifestyle and personality change. All in all, it was a fantastic day… Good weather, great food, and perfect company! Smile

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matey,

    Thanks for sharing the Aura pics. Amazing! It is really incredible to see the changes. Glad to hear you had a good time in Byron. I'd love to visit it again one day, it sounds like it has changed a lot since I was there last.

    ((Hugs))

    Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a grand ol' time in Byron! And get this... The lady that served us at the Byron Cafe was from Quebec! Ha! Small world, hey!? :D We got to chit-chat a bit in French... T'was really nice!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)