Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ice tea for breakfast

Hubby and I and the two munchkins had one heck of a night. It was so bloody hot and muggy in the house that we ended up sleeping in hubby's office (it has aircon). We threw our camper-trailer mattresses on the floor and ended up sleeping there for part of the night. I woke up at around half past midnight and needed to go to the bathroom badly (cold air will do that to ya!) Wow! The shock!! The house was still quite muggy, but some of the heat had dissipated, so we decided to migrate back to our bedroom.

This morning, I woke up to find one of our cats sleeping downstairs on the dryer, and the other one lying on the shelf next to the open window in my office (smart kitties!) I don't mind the heat, as long as there's enough leeway for sweat to evaporate, but I simply cannot stand the heavy, humid and muggy weather... And neither does my artwork, I might add! I sure hope this heatwave subsides quickly! We've had such an unusually beautiful December... I guess we're now paying the price! I never thought I'd be having ice tea at breakfast instead of my morning cuppa!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could send some cool weather your way, but we're having spring in the middle of winter! I don't know what's going on with our crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy, isn't it!?! The weather is just so unstable... And it's not just from one place to another, it's from one day to the next. A few days ago, it felt like we were living in the Amazon jungle, today, it feels like the Arizona desert!!! Weird!! 8(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)