Monday, January 30, 2012

Big news!

Sorry I've gone MIA on y'all, but many things have been happening in my life, one being that yours-truly is going back to school. Yes... You read that right, folks. I've just enrolled myself in the visual arts course at one of our local TAFE college. This was such a "last minute" impulsive idea that I didn't even think I could get in. Classes start on the 6th of January. The group I was looking at joining only had two spots left, otherwise, I would've had to join the smaller Thursday and Friday group. It's only two classes a week (Monday and Tuesday) but they run from 10:00am to 4:30pm. The course takes 12 months to finish and once done, I can continue on to the next higher level, should I wish to. Honestly... I'm not thinking that far ahead. The sole purpose for joining this course is to get out of the house, meet people of like mind, perhaps even make friends, and further my personal development and art skills.

I will still be posting stuff on my blog, but expect it to be mostly about school stuff and artwork. I plan on throwing myself into it with gusto, so I'll be much more productive than I've ever been. As for my poor wyvern... I haven't been able to do anything since the rain started. He is so humid and soggy that I can bend the articulations! Not good! That tells me he's absorbed a lot of moisture from the ambient atmosphere. He will need to sit and dry out thoroughly before I can paint him and seal him, otherwise, I might create a mould problem in the future. Stay tune for the wyvern and art saga! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck my friend! I have a feeling you could probably teach them a few things... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks! Thanks soulsis! **blush** :) Dunno... D's aunt and A's dad are amazing artists... I'm just a craftswoman that enjoys dabbling with different mediums. Would I be able to convey a message, a feeling, a perception of the world through a painting or a drawing? Time will tell! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)