Saturday, November 12, 2011

Please explain

Can someone please explain to me how this crazy messed up world of ours works? If life is a dance, then I must have two left feet. I must be the only hypersensitive, empathic and overly apologetic individual in this world. I can sometimes be brutally honest and frank and come across as a bit callous and forward, but normally, I always try to err on the side of "sensitivity" and be kind and considerate to others feelings. I try to put myself in their shoes and see through their eyes, especially when I feel I may have slighted someone in some way. I also know NOT to expect it from others as no one is as hyperemotional as I am. But seriously... If I'm being incredibly attentive to others, it's not because I'm being obsequious, it is because I genuinely care. I know how harsh this world can be and how alone one can feel at times, so I always try to remember to be a soft place to fall for others (especially loved ones). So sue me for caring and call me emo if you want... I'd rather be true to myself and my nature than be shackled by society's idolisation of aloofness, uncouthness and ruthlessness. Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this! I used to care far too much about everyone, but I've learned to save it for the ones that really matter.

    You are a bootiful person... don't ever change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie! :) However hard it gets for me at times, I refuse to change. Stubborn streak of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)