Saturday, August 13, 2011

Roaring mad

Yes, I must be... I've installed the new Lion OS on my Mac mini. It wasn't so much by choice as it was contrived. Yesterday morning, my computer simply didn't turn itself on. After hubby had a look at it with the disk utility, we found out that the boot sector of my hard drive was corrupt (don't ask, don't know!) I'm slowly realising that it simply doesn't matter if it's a PC running Windows or Linux, or a Mac... Computers are temperamental things!

Lion has a bit of a learning curve to it. I had recently purchased a trackpad in anticipation of the new OS, and was slowly getting use to finger and hand gestures to perform actions. I guess my induction period is truly over as I am now thrust into the mire of the new OS. Guess this weekend will be a crash course in how to get around in Lion!

6 comments:

  1. Computers... Love them when they work, make me crazy when they don't!

    By the way have you ordered the Voices deck yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soulsis... Get outta my head! :D LMAO! Are you picking my brain again? I just ordered it through the Book Depository this morning. I shall begging stalking the postie this Monday. Bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well maybe that will make up for all the computer issues then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is! I'm sooooo looking forward to it! Are you gonna get that deck too, hun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on the fence about it. If I get it, then another deck is going to have to go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell ya what... When I get mine, I'll give you my opinion on it (the good, the bad and the ugly), and you can decide from there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)