Saturday, June 18, 2011

The wait continues

I finally got news from my mum’s condition a few days ago, and the verdict was “the lung culture didn’t produce anything so there is no bacterial infection of the lungs”. Good news? Perhaps... But the docs just flubbed her off by saying there’s nothing else they can do for her. So why the hell would they give her a 5 day course of antibiotic if she has NO infection whatsoever?  What’s the use? We’re still awaiting the result of the TB scraping. She can’t be operated on for her breast cancer if she tests positive for TB. I’m a nervous wreck right now... Excuse me if I’m not making any sense... I’m a bit tipsy. Lately, all I’ve been doing is sitting around and worrying about loved ones (near and far). Ack! I need more mead!

6 comments:

  1. (((Soulsis)))How long will it take for the TB results? You guys are always on my mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hon, Don't worry the TB test was negative and as for the antibiotics, I just asked the doc.for something for my coughing that I still had, I told her that I did not want to wake up from the operation with pneumonia that's why she gave me some antibiotics,she said that would help and if it comes back after the operation she said renew the prescription. It should clear up my lungs pretty well. So no worry please I will be operated on tuesday morning.
    I hope your coughing is going away too and Dave's vertigo is o.k. I'll see you on Ichat next week. Say a little prayer for me please. Love, Mum oxoxox
    P.S: Bev I pray that all those fires in the south are controlled and stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C,now I see where you get all your compassion from. Your mom is dealing with health issues, and she's saying prayers for us! What an amazing woman.

    Mrs. B, you are in my prayers daily, that you will recover completely and quickly. (((Mrs. B)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know, mum. I was getting REALLY concerned. Prayers heading your way, and fingers crossed that this tumour is non-invasive like the last one.

    And Bev... You know what they say about the fruit falling out of the tree! ;) Thanks luv! ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's hope everything keeps moving in a positive direction. My thoughts and love to you both.

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rory. Will keep y’all posted as the news come in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)