Tuesday, June 21, 2011

To everything, turn, turn, turn...

Last night was the longest night of the year (I’m in the southern hemisphere). I’m glad the days are about to get longer, I was about to shove my head in the microwave! Yes, I do have a bit of S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder). Not enough sunlight and I turn into a maudlin. There’s also been lots of emotional turmoil in the past few months which have not helped. But life doesn’t have a “stop” button or a safety handbrake, so the show must go on, no matter what.

During this turmoil, I’ve been trying to keep my little creative mind busy, but it’s been quite a challenge. As I am very attuned to nature, my whole being was telling me to shut down, recuperate, relax and sleep. My muse normally comes back from her holidays when spring is just around the corner (any minute, now!) I did have a few burst of creative genius during those hard times, and I made sure I didn’t let them go to waste. Yesterday, I finished working on
a new divinatory system. It came to me in a dream, while I slept. The next morning, I started brainstorming the ideas furiously on a piece of paper, and in the following days, I proceeded to create the tools and put it to the test. I was shocked by how accurate it was and how easily it connected with my intuitive side. Needless to say, I was quite ecstatic about the whole thing and I’ve been dying to share it with others. I sent the scribbled info to a dear friend of mine who’s also into tarot, oracle, divination, etc... and she was completely smitten by it. She even suggested that I should get the whole system published commercially. I must admit... I am VERY tempted by this idea. Throughout all my life, I’ve created stacks of stuff for others; web design pages, company logos, paintings, drawings, sculptures, and even musical instruments... Let’s just say that family and friends have a small gallery dedicated to my creations! LOL! So why have I not profited from my skills and talents? I’ve asked myself this question many times, and I always come up with the same answers; I don’t need to, nor do I want to! I’m one of those folks that believes that the more you give and share, the more you receive and so far, life has proven me right. Also, I simply do not want to bog myself down to one job or one skill. Repetition and me are not good friends. Working for X-Y-Z company would tie me down too much, and as for working for myself, I even get bored with the same creative task! I enjoy the challenge of learning a new skill like woodturning, or scrimshaw. I put it down to my sky chart... I have 4 planets in Libra!! For those of you who know something of astrology, you know that this is a lot of shifty air! Yes, I am a weathervane when it comes to certain things. "Nah!, Really?" I hear you say... What gave that away? The blog refurbishing, perhaps?! LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Well I guess that means I won't get to be your agent - lol! Truly, I understand though. While I like to write, I would hate to know I had to crank something out on demand. It would totally take the fun and joy out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **SIGH OF RELIEF** I KNEW you’d totally get me soulsis! Contrived creativity, in my opinion, is a pale copy of the real thing... True creativity cannot be rushed or forced. It’s like a rosebud... If you force it open, you’ll kill it. It needs to bloom on its own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I ever relate to this. You're having the winter I had a few months back. I wished I was a bear. And I also fell into corporate work out of necessity... I learned a lot under the gun, but talk about soul sucking. I didn't think I'd ever want to draw or get into graphics again. I did a couple of things for friends more recently that rekindled the spirit for me. *happy happy sigh*

    I'm in awe of your many creative talents. You are some woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Carrie! **blush**
    I’m a Jane-of-all-trade, and sadly, a master of none, but hey! I like it that way... Keeps life challenging and exciting. :)

    I think I should get back into painting or drawing... Something less physically demanding. I have too much RSI pain in both wrists and elbows from all the woodworking and sculpting. As for scrimshaw and pyroetching, it’s becoming more and more difficult because my close-up vision is going down the crap chute in a handbasket! “The youthful soul says yay, the ageing body says nay!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)