Saturday, June 11, 2011

One year already

It’s been one year already since you left us. One year of trying to mend a shattered soul, one year to try and mend a broken heart, one year to try and fill the house with joy once more. Even though mum and dad have found a “new normal”, it will never be the same as it was with you. You truly were a very special cat. You taught us so much and were so patient with us. Your legacy endures in the good fortune of Mia and Angel. Your gifts of love, faithfulness, kindness, grace and affection will never be forgotten. I hope you’ve found peace in Summerland, and I know that when the time comes, you’ll be waiting for us at the rainbow bridge, just like you use to by the garage door when we came home. Mum and dad love you and miss you terribly. :’(

Xena 1999-2010


2 comments:

  1. (((Soulsis and D))) I have a feeling she still visits - I wonder if Mia and Angel ever feel her presence. Did you guys go out to dinner and light a candle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soulsis. (((hugs))) I think Mia's sensed her (or has even seen) her spirit! I've seen her really spooked at times and I don't know why. We're currently on the road (posting from my iPhone). We're gonna have lunch at O'Reilly's and this arvo, we'll light her little cat-candle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment! :)